Some of the available schemes to avoid getting penalized by Google through taking back your website PR are:
- Removing the link to TLA and e-mail them that you will have another name for the affiliate link leading to their website.
- Remove common affiliate link keywords like "advertise here", "buy a link here", "advertise on this site" and other related old affiliate linking keywords. Make something new out of your semantics as what you have learned in SEO and optimizing for the search engines.
- Be extra careful in labeling your links like sponsored listings etc. etc.
- Install the new plug-in that TLA has announced will be used to avoid getting penalized by Google.
- Remove all websites linking to you that have TLA on them. Of course you can try and send them an honest e-mail and tell them about everything.
These are just a few of the measures that you may want to imply on your website in order to get back your PR or at least to maintain the importance of your website in the eyes of the search engines.